My Real Neat Blog
Thanks to two of my esteemed followers, I’ve been nominated for a Real Neat Blog Award not once, but two times within the last 24 hours! How neat it that?
Sean and Becky are lively conversation partners and inspirational writers. If you want to see for yourself, check out their blogs.
Sean blogs at http://www.thejoshuagenerationministries.com.
From Sean’s About page: “Sean Mungin is a third generation minister responding to a call from God to reach the lives of those who feel disconnected from the ‘traditional’ church.”
Becky blogs at https://backtowhatever.wordpress.com.
From Becky’s Author Details page: “ Who am I? Good question! A good description could probably sound like this: a 28 year old PhD-student of neuropathophysiology (sounds nice huh). A former city-girl that changed her mind. A wanna-be farmer. A stressed out wife. A former war child.”
Here are the questions I’m to answer, sent by each of them (separately, not collaboratively).
Sean’s questions, my answers
#1. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
- Based on data for 2014-15: USA, United Kingdom, India, Australia, Canada, Cameroon, France, Nigeria, Botswana
#2. What is your favorite sport?
- Cat-baiting! This happens daily. Cat Smudge baits human Elouise into chasing him around the house; Elouise turns around and chases him back. Up and down the stairs, through every room. Great for an adrenalin rush and getting the heart-beat going.
#3. What has been a special moment for you in 2014?
- Most special: getting to know Smudge, our rescued cat, also known as Prince Oliver Smudge the Second.
- Also special—walking up a sandy embankment to peek out once again over and down into Crater Lake in Oregon. A wonder of the world.
#4. What is your favorite quote?
- This is tough! Right now it’s this—especially, but not only, the very last line.
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt, You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life
#5. What was your favorite class when still at school?
- College courses related to music or making music (music theory, touring choir, organ)
- Seminary and graduate courses about theology and theologians’ lives
#6. Anything you wished to have learned earlier?
- How to teach adults—especially when they’re older than I am!
#7. What musical instrument have you tried to play?
- The guitar. Not my instrument.
- Favorite: piano, hands down. Also enjoyed playing the organ (years ago).
Becky’s questions, my answers
#1. Do you think I’m a better scientist than I am a writer?
- This is a trick question! If you’re half as good a scientist as you are a writer, you go Girl! 🙂
#2. Are you already friends with Trish? (who nominated Becky for a Real Neat Blog award)
- Sadly, no.
#3. What’s the temperature where you are right now?
- 11 April 2015. At 3:15pm EST in Southeast Pennsylvania, it is exactly 54 degrees Fahrenheit, 12 degrees Centigrade.
#4. Where are you going to spend your summer and why?
- At or near home sweet home.
- Why? Because I’m an introvert, I like air conditioning, and I like my own home cooking.
#5. What do you think about bees going extinct?
- I try not to think about this at all. It distresses me.
#6. If you could ask yourself one question what would it be?
- Hmm. Another trick question?
- Why is Becky asking me this question?
- But that doesn’t count, does it?
#7. Your all-time favorite blog is? Why?
- Mine. Because it seems I spend all my time here.
- If you push me really hard I’ll admit the truth. I’m too chicken to name anyone else’s blog.
- I love everyone I follow—and especially, right now, you!
Thank you Sean and Becky for making my day! 🙂
And thanks to everyone
who persisted through these enlightening answers.
Have a great weekend!
© Elouise Renich Fraser, 10 April 2015
Image copied from https://backtowhatever.wordpress.com.