Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge | Day 1
The more you talk, the more likely you are to sin,
If you are wise, you will keep quiet.
(Proverbs 10:19, New English Version)
The first time I read this proverb in the New English Version of the Bible I laughed out loud. The NEV doesn’t mince words, and the proverb is oh so true. Even though it has speakers in mind, it seems good for writers, too. Or even listeners!
My rambling tongue has gotten me into trouble many times. Especially when conversation turns gossipy, or when I’m tempted to talk about something confidential or that I know little about. Or to avoid listening.
* * *
Thanks to my blogging friend Herminia for inviting me to take part in this challenge! If you don’t know her already, check out her blog. Herminia is a go-getter. She doesn’t waste time or words. Every post is short and to the point.
Here are the rules for this challenge:
- Post one quote a day for 3 days (your quote or someone else’s)
- Thank and create a link to the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 3 other bloggers (per post) to take part in the challenge
Here are my first three nominees:
- You! Whoever you are, just do it!
- Dennis at gottafindahome.wordpress.com
- Sean at The Joshua Generation Ministries
No Rush and No Obligation ~ You don’t have to report in to anyone!
© Elouise Renich Fraser, 27 Sept 2015