What’s on my mind these days
Without answers, here’s what I’m wondering about these days when it comes to Mr. Trump.
- How and why did we come to this sad bargain that turned a self-proclaimed genius loose on us and on the rest of the world?
- Why do I find myself wishing for his demise sooner, not later?
- How, if ever, can I forgive the folly of this self-proclaimed genius who ignores expert advice, and leads his followers down paths of destruction?
- As a follower of Jesus, how am I to pray for or against this leader motivated by greed, contempt and self-righteousness?
- And what does it mean to follow Jesus when many who claim to follow Jesus think this means following Mr. Trump, or at least overlooking his lies and greed?
Everything isn’t about POTUS. It’s also, in a different way, about us. However, my blood runs cold when ‘common people’ are forgotten pawns in a deadly game of Chess held together by a made-up patchwork of throw-away lies, neglect, and innuendo.
Covid-19 didn’t change things. It made them impossible to ignore.
© Elouise Renich Fraser, 29 April 2020
Image found at pinterest.com